Saturday, September 7, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Last Tuesday was Kate's first day of preschool. She was sooo excited every day leading up to the big start, but that morning when she woke up I could tell that she was nervous. I asked her if she was scared and she said she was and came *this close* to crying, but I managed tot alk her down before the tears began. Had she started that, I'm not sure this momma could have handled it so easily. We had picked out her outfit the night before, a new Marie t-shirt that Yiayia brought back for her from her trip, and she got dressed for the big day.
Daddy rode with us to take her although he wasn't able to walk her in with me (more on that in a moment). We walked up to the front and waited for them to unlock the doors for everyone to come in and headed down the hallway. Kate was quiet and I knew that she was mentally preparing herself and probably trying not to cry. We walked into her classroom (thank you Lord for Meet the Teacher!) and I helped her put her backpack and lunchbox in her cubby, then gave her a hug and headed back to the car. She never shed a single tear, which I am so thankful for. I knew if she did I would lose it too.

 Kate's teacher is really sweet, Mrs. Lisa. I think Kate really likes her because she talks about her a lot. I think this will be a great school year!
So this all happened the morning after Nick managed to throw out his back at Walmart, bending over to get something off the bottom shelf. For real. He sent me a text from the store and said he messed up his back, and I asked him if he was on the floor (which is what happened last time). He wasn't, so I told him to just come home. He could stand upright but he was weirdly twisted and crooked, so when we got back from dropping Kate off and I had my camera in hand, I had to snap a photo:
No, he's not leaning - he thinks he's standing up straight. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Thankfully he is slowly getting straighter after visiting his doctor and a chiropractor.

No comments: