Friday, February 28, 2014

PC3 Night Photography

Photo credit: Jake Felts
 This month's photo club excursion took place at the Fort Worth Water Gardens at night. We talked about long exposure photography and light painting at our last meeting, so we met up so give it a shot. I must say, I am not that great at long exposure stuff. My problem is focus, so it's definitely something I need to work on.
Photo credit: Jake Felts
I took this when I first arrived and there was still daylight. I was quite excited to find the water garden main pool empty when I got there - usually it's full of people.

There are tons of ledges around the pools and fountains. I was walking along a ledge (like a wide step really) with my tripod in one hand and talking to another club member in front of me. This particular ledge is about 18"-24" high...a big step. Anyway, as I'm walking my right foot just completely misses the ledge and I fell. Pretty much threw my tripod and camera as I fell, my foot hit first and then knee and elbow. My friend yells "Are you alright??!" and I'm like "CAMERA!" because all I saw was pieces of black plastic flying. I nearly died. Thankfully, it was just my lens hood and a piece of my tripod broke off. Camera works fine and lens wasn't damaged. But my tripod was rendered completely useless as it will no longer hold a camera so I threw it in a trash can, and my lens hood was in 6 pieces. Gotta order a new one. However my left knee has a huge raspberry and my elbow is all banged up, but my foot and right thigh are what really hurt. I think they're both just pretty bruised. I could barely walk when I got out of bed the next morning but as I moved around the house it got easier. 
Photo credit: James Wolfgang




No comments: