Sunday, April 27, 2014

Saturday in Vegas, part 2

I ended up cutting my afternoon a bit short and got to our room around 3:30 to rest. My Fitbit told me I had already walked 21,000 steps which equaled 8.37 miles. I was tired, to say the least. Nick's conference stuff ended at 5, and one of his co-workers flew in today so together the three of us walked across the street from the Luxor to east dinner at the Las Vegas Foodie Fest, which was a parking lot full of food trucks. Several of them have traveled from all over the US to be a part of this weekend, and I saw several trucks with Food Network stickers showing that they've been featured by them. Jennifer and I both had some chicken and green chili nachos, while Nick had a sampler of sliders for his first round. Then he went and found an AMAZING Asian quesadilla that I split with him, and for his third course he had a Memphis BBQ sandwich. Jennifer and I chose to have some custard that was the creamiest and smoothest I've ever had. It was awesome.
After filling our bellies Jennifer left us to go back to her hotel and we proceeded to walk some of the strip. Nick wanted to check out New York New York, so we walked around inside there for quite a while and then crossed back over to Excalibur to look around. By then I was getting beyond exhausted and he needed to get online to work so we came back to the room.
I have walked over 30,000 steps today, the equivalent of 12.36 miles.  I will sleep very well tonight!

No comments: