Friday, December 5, 2014

Date Nights

Thursday evening we were given tickets to see the von Trapps at Bass Hall from the Fort Worth Symphony box office. We have season tickets for the Pop series, you know, and our regular concert evening is Friday nights at 7:30. The week of Thanksgiving, however, they didn't perform on Friday evening so our tickets were changed to Saturday and I assumed that the time was the same. You can imagine my disappointment and frustration when we were about to get dressed for the symphony around 5 pm and I noticed the tickets were for 2 pm. Oops. As luck would have it, the box office had closed an hour before I noticed my mistake, so I was left without seeing the Christmas symphony that I was so looking forward to. I posted my disappointment on Facebook, and wouldn't you know that someone contacted me from the box office on Monday and offered us tickets for the Thursday night show? I was clown away, seeing as the mistake was really my fault.

We didn't even know what to expect from the show, since it wasn't something we had planned on seeing. Man, am I glad we were able to go! The von Trapps are four young adults ranging in age from 19 to 25 who are all siblings: three sisters and a brother. They are the grandchildren of Werner von Trapp, who was portrayed as Kurt in The Sound of Music. Talk about talent - these kids can sing! They performed several Christmas songs but also many songs from their albums and in several different languages. I loved the show and even bought a CD on the way out.

No comments: