Saturday, December 6, 2014

Our Christmas Tree 2014

I decided to do something slightly different with our tree this year, and instead of just doing a random color explosion all over the place, I chose three colors and placed them in a spiral-like pattern, keeping all like colors together. Since I had purple, hot pink and blue mesh, those are the three colors I went with. I really really love the way it turned out. It's a bit unconventional, but that's ok by me. I am also fully aware that my tree skirt does not match AT ALL, but it's the only one I have and those things aren't cheap. So I plan to buy a new one after Christmas for next year at a discount.
My little black tree is decked out in photo ornaments and Dr. Seuss ornaments that we have collected over the years. I'm planning on adding photo ornaments as I can afford them, and hopefully some day I will have a full sized tree full of photo ornaments that I can display in the living room and move my decorative tree to the dining room. That will also give me a place to put Kate's homemade ornaments, since they don't match Mommy's fancy tree. (YES - I'm THAT type of person, ok?)
 Even Sophia is decked out in reindeer antlers and  big red nose this year. Kate loves it and everywhere we go she is on the look out for more reindeer cars.

No comments: