Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Parker County Camera Club

One of the photography clubs I joined this past year is a little more special to me than the other two that I am a part of because of the many friendships I have there. Yes, it is a bit of a pain and inconvenience for me to drive to Weatherford for the club meetings, but it has been worth it so far and I've enjoyed being a member this year. I've explored places in Weatherford and other areas that I never would have seen had it not been for the photo excursions we have done.

Monday night we had our Christmas meet and greet at our usual meeting place, Skinny's Hamburgers, and then we walked down to the square and did some night photography of the Christmas lights. The Parker County Courthouse is really gorgeous, and they have it very nicely decorated for Christmas. That's the one thing I feel downtown Fort Worth is missing - they have Sundance Square all lit up and beautiful for the holidays, and then the courthouse at the end of Main St is sitting there all dark and sad. They could at least put lights in the bushes or something.

Anyway, here are some photos from the Weatherford meet up.
 In the above photo, some people were playing around and having a hand held 15 second exposure shoot out. With night photography, you have to use a tripod because of the long exposures - any movement at all will result in a blurry photo.

No comments: