Friday, February 20, 2015

Let the RunDisney Trip Commence!

I woke up dark and early on Friday morning (as in, we woke up at 3 am) and we headed to the airport around 4. My flight to Orlando was set to take of at 6 am. That's just way too early, but on the plus side that meant more time in Orlando so I guess I can't complain. The flight was uneventful, thankfully, and I even got to watch a movie on board: Big Hero 6, which I hadn't seen. It was really cute.

My first stop was to take my bags over to our hotel, All Star Movies, before heading to ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up my race bib and packet. The race expo was kind of crazy, although after I talked to Laurie and Amanda the expo was way crazier the day before. I was able to get the "I did it" t-shirt (which I had heard would sell out) and another race shirt, plus a couple of pins and a magnet as well.  But I didn't spend too much time there because I was heading to Animal Kingdom to meet up with Laurie and Matt.
Once I got to Animal Kingdom, I found Laurie and Matt pretty quickly and we headed to grab some food. We didn't stick together long after that since I had a fastpass for the safari and they were headed to ride a couple of roller coasters. I did the safari, headed over to watch the Festival of the Lion King, met Daisy Duck and Mickey & Minnie, did It's Tough to be a Bug, and by then I was pretty much finished and ready to head to the resort where I got to meet Laurie's friend Amanda and her husband Oolan. Amanda was also going the 10k with us.

We ate dinner down at the food court in our hotel, and by the time we finished sitting around and talking it was getting close to bedtime. We had to be up at 3 am (AGAIN!) for the race, so we were all in bed by 8:30

No comments: