Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow day!

Tuesday night the weather forecasters were all saying that starting around 3 am, we would be getting a crazy amount of snow. By crazy, I mean like 3-5 inches, which for us is crazy. Kate was super excited at the thought of waking up to a snow-filled yard. I got up at 5 so I could make a lunch reservation for our trip next week (and then went back to bed) but I was disappointed to see that it was pouring down rain, which was most definitely not snow. I checked the forecast, and now they were saying it was going to change to snow during the 5 o'clock hour.

At 6 am, they said by 7 it would be snowing.

At 7 am, they said that it might starting snowing by 8.

Finally, not too long before Kate woke up me just before 8 am, it had changed over to snow. We didn't end up getting much at our house, although most people east of us got a lot of snow. My hometown, a couple of hours east of us, got around 5". Kate made due with what she could round up on our back patio and we built a small little snowman and she threw a few slushy snowballs at me before deciding she was ready for hot cocoa.
By 11 am, our yard was completely clear of snow.

No comments: