Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hooks/Korte Disney Vacation: One last breakfast

The time had come to leave our hotel and pack up the car. I'll admit, I really didn't want to leave. We met some folks on the monorail last night that were locals and they had just "come to play after work". I was jealous. I looked at Nick and said, "I wanna be able to do that!!" I need to win the lottery...and figure out a way to get people to come with us.
We had 10:20 reservations for another family style breakfast at O'hana in the Polynesian resort. Joining us for breakfast were Lilo and Stitch, as well as Pluto and Mickey Mouse...again. Kate met him on 5 separate occasions this week. She never got tired of it though, I promise you that.
Breakfast was delicious as usual, and as usual we tanked up so that we wouldn't have to stop for lunch on the road. After we finished our meal, we said our goodbyes and hit the road. I was quite sad to be driving off property. But all good things must end, or something stupid like that.
So here we are, in a hotel room in Mobile, Alabama. Tomorrow we finish the drive home and life goes back to being mundane and ordinary. No Mickey waffles for breakfast anymore. I wonder if Disney depression is a real thing?

No comments: