Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hawaiian Falls with friends

Today we met Heather, Will, Olivia, and Don over in Garland at Hawaiian Falls. Kate and I picked up Kaycee and Elisabeth on our way over since they have season passes and we hit the road around 9:00. It was our first time at this location, and I would rate it a little higher on the fun stuff for Kate to do than the White Settlement location. 

 We spent a lot of time in the lazy river and the wave pool, but everyone rode most of the water slides too....well everyone but Kate. It took me until the very last ride down one of the slides to convince her to ride with me. I had tried all day long, and she kept saying she was scared, but she finally worked up the courage to try one and she loved it. When we got off the slide, she actually asked if we could ride it again and I felt really bad because we had all decided to leave for the day. At that point, we had been out in the sun for over 4 hours and today was the hottest day of the year so far (104*), but had Kate and I been alone I would have stayed longer just for her to ride some slides now that she knew it wasn't going to kill her. I guess this means I'll have to take her once more this summer.

No comments: