Friday, August 28, 2015

Wings of the City

Artist Jorge Marin installed 9 sculptures in downtown Fort Worth back in June, a traveling exhibit called Wings of the City. I have been wanting to go see some of them and have my picture made with the wings since they were put in, but it's been so hot that it hasn't been a priority....and I kind of forgot about them for a while. The other day I was reminded of them when I saw a post about how they were leaving August 31, so I knew my time was limited. I gathered a few of my fellow photographer ladies and we headed down to shoot the wings followed by a girl's lunch date at Salata.
Photo credit: Debbie Robertson
 We didn't get to see all 9 sculptures. They're fairly spread out so we didn't take the time to walk all over the place to find them...there are three down in the Water Gardens and it's quite a trek from Sundance Square. So we managed to find 3 of the 9 that weren't too far apart and took a few photos before heading to lunch.

No comments: