Friday, December 16, 2016

First Grade Christmas Fun

So this year for reasons I cannot explain, I volunteered to be Kate's room mom. This means I'm in charge of planning all of her class parties (she only has 3 for the year but still...). I have never done a school party situation before, so I kept it simple for my first time and decided that we would eat pizza, make an ornament, and do a book exchange so everyone could get a gift to take home.

The party fell at the end of the final week before Christmas break, and all week long the kids has spirit dress. They got to wear PJs one day, Christmas shirts, Christmas socks, Santa hats, and one day they had to wear bows like presents.
The kids were all super excited when I arrived. I got hugs from many of them, even though I don't know who they all are this year. They followed along to my instructions on making their ornaments (I bought a kit from Hobby Lobby) and then we fed them pizza, cupcakes, cookies, and brownies. Sugar overload!! They sat in a circle to do their book exchange and I read a Christmas poem to them as they passed their books back and forth around the circle until they had a different book than what they brought. Everyone seemed pleased with what they got. We passed out goodie bags and then it was time to go!
One party down, 2 more to go.

No comments: