Sunday, April 15, 2007

Simply stunned

I've seen tornado damage on TV but never much in real life; so today Nick and I drove over to Haltom City to look around. Lots of people were out doing the same thing we were doing, and even more were out there beginning the cleaning up process- removing trees, debris, roofing materials, etc...there was just stuff everywhere. I was completely stunned. I can't even imagine what I would be thinking or feeling if those were my belongings spread all over the neighborhood.

These 18-wheeler trailers were thrown all over the place. There was a parking lot full of them at some trucking complany, and I don't think there were many that weren't damaged. They were piled up like sticks; twisted and broken. The office building at this place was totally destroyed, as you can see below.





No comments: