Thursday, May 10, 2007

Take the good with the bad

My wonderful week was shadowed with a bit of bad news this morning. My grandfather passed away during the night last night. He has been sick and in the hospital, so this wasn't a complete shock, but it's still sad. I feel bad that I didn't get to see him before he died...but mostly I'm worried about my granny. She's frail, and I do not know how this alteration to her life is going to affect her.

Tomorrow I will travel to my home town to be with my family and prepare to bury him on Saturday. I'm glad I can be there for them...if I could only do more.

I can picture PawPaw A.W. sitting in his recliner, wearing his Dickies overalls, and smoking a cigar. That's the way I'll always remember him, and it's fine by me. I'll have this image and his laugh in my heart forever.

1 comment:

{S} said...

((((hug)))) I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like he lived a full life. I'll keep your grandma in my prayers, as well as yourself as you say your good-bye this weekend. (((hug)))

Can I just say, "yay we can comment!" :~) I love your new banner too.
The Butterflies are gorgeous! what a blessing to have them right in your back yard.