Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blue Sky

I saw blue sky today!

It seems like it's all but gone, with all the rain we've gotten in the past couple of weeks. It's been a while since I was exposed to the sunshine and blue sky, but today, if only for a couple of short hours, I saw blue sky!! So it is still up there, above all these gray clouds.

Aside from the destructive (and deadly) flooding, all this rain has been quite all right by me. It keeps me from having to remember to water my flower beds, for one. But I enjoy curling up with a good book during a thunderstorm, and since I've been rereading the Harry Potter series I've been quite keen to do just that. The temperature outside has actually been bearable, because the clouds are driving away the heat. I'm not a fan of muggy, but I can live with postponed 100 degree heat any day. I'm not one to go traipsing off into the sunshine - I don't really do a lot of overly outdoors-y activities. Nor do I have a swimming pool, so really, let it rain.

No comments: