Thursday, June 7, 2007

Happiness is Vietnamese food

What a week it has been! I must say that it's a good thing I'm nosy...becuase good things come to those who snoop. Thanks to a heightened sense of curiosity and the powers of the internet, not only did I uncover that Nick actually had a different father than he though, but I located his half-sister and they got a chance to talk on the phone last night for over an hour! Even better, tomorrow he is going to have the opportunity to talk to his birth father for the first time in his life. I'm completely excited.

My first week at my new job has been like a tall glass of iced tea on a hot day - just what the doctor ordered. I've never been so relaxed and laid back. Life is just dandy right now.

My boss took me to eat Vietnamese food today. She said that since we're working for an international company now that I should expand my horizons...so I figured I'd give it a shot. I like Chinese and Japanese food, so Vietnamese can't be that drastically different. I ordered this huge plate of noodles with beef, chicken, shrimp, and crab meats on top....and it was DEEEE-licious. I loved it! Now I need to drag Nick over to this place and have him try it. I think he'd like it.

Some of Nick's buddies took him wake-boarding for the first time ever today....and were smart enough to video tape the blessed event. It was quite a laugh, let me tell you. Guys are funny.

No comments: