Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Some people are just "special"

Remember that reality show My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance? Well, my co-worker Lisa and I have decided that we work with the next contestant on that show. His name is Tom and is a first-class moron.

Today Lisa and I are at our desks working when suddenly Tom makes a noise and proclaims that his laptop has just crashed. The screen went black. Then he sat there for almost 10 minutes before I asked him if he was going to try to turn it back on. The machine did nothing when he pushed the power button. The next thing we know, Tom has picked up the phone and called our $85-an-hour IT guy to tell him that his laptop crashed. We really don't want him to have to come back to the office and charge us another $1400 (the cost of his last visit), so I walked over to have a look. Lisa had asked him if his battery was charged, and he said that it was plugged in to the power strip.

Being the genius that I am, I walked around the desk to inspect the aforementioned power strip. The plug was snugly in its slot, however the power button was turned to OFF. Apparently Moron had kicked it with his foot and lost power. I flipped the switch and reached over the top of the monitor and pushed in the power button - Voila! - the machine came back on.

I've never seen Lisa laugh so hard in my life. You'd think that one of the first things someone would do when a piece of electronic equipment goes out they'd check the power source. Not Moron. He calls the IT guy.

Do you think I should bill him for that?

1 comment:

TammyB said...

Brandy - Just stopped in to see how life was treating you and it looks like things are going so well. Congrats on your new job! I hope you will be much happier there - despite having a moron for a co-worker.