Thursday, July 19, 2007

4'9"

Last night I had to say goodbye to my sweet friend Susan Shirel. She's moving to Ohio this weekend and since I will be out of town scrapbooking I won't get to see her. So after church a few of us went out to Chilis for dessert. There was quite a bit of chocolate consumed; that's all I'm going to say. To Susan, I just want you to know that Apples to Apples will not be the same without you. Have fun in Ohio but come back to Texas often!!
So after I left I'm driving home, minding my own business, when I hear this public service announcement commercial about booster seats. The pleasant announcer lady says "Booster seats are recommended for children between the ages of 4 and 8, who weigh more than 40 pounds and are under 4'9".

More than 40 pounds and 4'9"? Excuse me?? I'm 5'1" on a good day....most days I'm 5'0". I know I weigh more than 40 pounds. So let's say that someday the inevitable happens and I begin to shrink. Let's say that by the time I'm 80 I am down to 4'9", or 4'8" like my great-grandmother. So I have to get a booster seat? I think not.

I'm leaving work tomorrow at noon, which means that Francine & I will be able to head east for our scrapbook weekend around 2-ish. I am estimating 4-5 hours drive time; but I don't know for sure because the last time I drove to this place I was coming from a different part of Texas. So we'll see. But I'm super excited.

I finished packing my new scrapbook tote last night. My lovely husband allowed me to buy a new tote because I had long outgrown my old one. I wasn't sure he'd agree - after all, the tote I bought was $130! But he said yes and I am super proud to own my very own Crop in Style XXL.

No comments: