Saturday, March 22, 2008

I can't eat anymore meat....tonight.

Nick took me out for our anniversary tonight to Texas de Brazil. It was so amazing! I don't think I've eaten that much meat, or food for that matter, in a long time. We had filet mignon, leg of lamb, beef flank steak, sirloin, pork, chicken, sausage, ribs, lamb rack.....and then the salad bar - oh my! Of course you know I ordered dessert- it was a special occasion! I chose the dark chocolate mousse cake, although I really wanted to have some of the creme broulee too. It was so good....soooo good. They brought us each a glass of wine "on the house" for our anniversary. We don't drink wine, but I felt bad not having some since they brought it out for us. It was some sort of white wine and I guess if you like wine it was good - I thought it tasted like cough syrup without the artificial flavoring. It was a nice gesture though and we felt very posh.

While we were at dinner he brought me a napkin from the restroom - for my scrapbook!! LOL. It has the restaurant logo on it...he's so cute. The best part is the gift though. I forgot to mention that the day of our actual anniversary, when we met for lunch, he brought me a Build-a-Bear that he actually went and made for me. He dressed her in an outfit meant to resemble the one I was wearing the first time he ever kissed me.
*pause while you say "Aw!"*

I thought that was the sweetest gift...not just because of the significance but because he went into a Build-a-Bear store all by himself and built me a bear. The bear was holding the paper telling me about our dinner reservations to Texas de Brazil. I thought that was all there was to the gift, right?

Wrong!

At dinner tonight he pulled out this sheet of paper with the remainder of my gift --- season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musical series this year! We are going to see 9 shows!! They are The Wedding Singer, Rain: The Beatles Experience, Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash, The Drowsy Chaperone, High School Musical, Jersey Boys, The Color Purple, Stomp, and Cats.

Did I marry an amazing man or what????!!!!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

VERY COOL!! He's a keeper. Dallas summer musical tickets, very nice.

Laurie said...

happy anniversary!! what an awesome hubby!!! sounds like an awesome day.

Jen Hoover said...

WOWEEEEE!!! not sure who's luckier?! ;) he sure is a 2 thumbs up in my toboggan ;) LOL