Monday, May 5, 2008

Shake it up baby, now!

Last night we went to see Rain: The Beatles Experience at Music Hall. I have to say, it was the coolest thing i've seen in a while! Basically Rain is a Beatles cover band, but not only did they cover the songs, but they look like them, they sound like them (right down to their speaking accents), and they wore clothes to re-create some of their famous performances. The show started with the Ed Sullivan show appearance, Shea Stadium, through their Sgt Pepper's years and ended in the Abbey Road era. I was quite impressed. Although i will never have had the opportunity to see the real Beatles live, I feel like I got as close as humanly possible with that show. It was pretty darn awesome.

This weekend I worked more on my scrapbooks for the Seniors at church. I ordered more prints online and I hope that Snapfish's quick shipping is still in action this week, otherwise I'm going to have to improvise something and it will not be cool. i'll be glad when these books are finished and I can work on my own pages, although it has been kind of fun doing 12x12 lay-outs on a consistent basis instead of my usual 8.5 x 11.

We had our first contractor come out today for an estimate on the new shower. We've got 52 sq ft of tile in our building that we're hoping to be able to use for a new tile shower instead of a vynil enclosure, but we just need to see how expensive it's going to be. The glass enclosure will be the most expensive part I think. I really want to do tile though; I think it will look so much nicer.

No comments: