Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Reality TV has gone too far" -my husband

We were flipping through the channels on Saturday while our shower doors were being hung (!!!!) and I stopped on Animal Planet for a moment to witness a reality show about dog groomers all competing for the title of the best dog groomer. This particular episode was showing their work on a chow; each contestant had their own dog to groom and they were currently at "judge's table" being evaluated on their dog. There was the typical "drama" music playing in the background and each contestant was so serious about their work. Then the contestants were dismissed to the "doghouse" (I'm not kidding) while the deliberation was going on. It all felt like a cheap imitation of Top Chef and we couldn't help but seriously laugh out loud. That's when my husband proclaimed that reality television had gone too far and we moved on. Oh, BTW, the show is called "Groomer Has It". HA HA HA HA HA!!!

As for the shower - it's finished!!! Woo-hoo!!! Well, technically I still have to seal the grout but I can't do that for another 24 hours. I'm so happy to have my bathroom back to normal. It looks fantastic. The total project ended up costing us $1436...factor in our tax stimulus money and we actually came away with a brand new tile shower for $236. Go us!!! (Thanks, again, George Bush.)

Tonight we're going to see The Drowsy Chaperone. Everything I'd read says it's pretty funny, so I'm looking forward to enjoying this one. Last week we saw Cats...and I hate to say it, but I just didn't get it. I can't quite figure out why it's one of the most beloved musicals....I was confused the whole time. The costumes and dance were great, but the storyline...well, it left a lot to be desired. However I do plan on naming the next beta fish I buy Mr. Mistoffelees.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

the shower looks gorgeous!!!! I'm so glad it's finished and you have your bathroom back!! LOL at Groomer has it, I flipped thru that show once and had the same thought!!