Monday, September 8, 2008

New responsibilities

The time was drawing near for my temporary job to end. The new mom comes back to work next Monday, which is the same day that Nick and I head off to San Francisco! However prayers were answered and I now have a permanent position with Anchor Fabrication. I have been given the task of organizing and shaping up the shipping and receiving departments...sort of an expediter type of job. It's totally up my alley and I think I will do well. We're moving into a brand new shipping building this week.

By this time next week I'll be watching Monday night football from my hotel room in SanFran. I might not be watching football, but you know what I mean. I'm totally excited about our trip!! I've never flown first class and I've never been to Cali. I've already purchased our Alcatraz tickets and tickets for a Bay cruise. I'd like to be able to drive a short distance up the road to the Muir Forest to see some redwoods, but since we aren't renting a car I'm not sure how that will work out. We're going to try to figure it out though. Who knows when I'll have another opportunity to see them. We're taking Nick's laptop so I plan on updating from there. Yippee.

Green Bay is currently beating my Vikings, and I'm not pleased. I can't be too upset though because one of the GB players is on one of my fantasy football teams. It's difficult to root for him but against his team, let me tell you.

2 comments:

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

yippee!! congrats ;)

you are *SO* gonna LURVE SanFran!!! enjoy! I did! ;)

Sherri said...

Oh you will love SF! enjoy the trip. should be perfect weather. good luck on new job. sounds like it will fit you perfectly