Tuesday, November 18, 2008

That ought to teach those punks.

I was driving home from work today, early might I add because I just wasn't feeling well again, singing along to the Eagles CD I burned last week in preparation for the concert this past weekend. It was during the time that the junior high had let kids out for the day, so there were children walking home down the street I was one. A couple of boys, probably no older than 12, decided it would be oh-so-funny to throw an object into the road as I was driving past, which promptly hit my windshield and flew over the top of my car. It was some stringy piece of plastic or something...nothing that would cause any damage but honestly, how was I supposed to know that? It made me angry. I could have swerved to miss the flying object since I was unaware of its dangers to my car and hit someone in the process. However I just didn't think parking my car in the middle of the street to yell at a couple of preteens was a good idea either.

As I came over the top of the hill I saw my opportunity for revenge. Two motorcycle cops had pulled over another car and one of them was writing out a ticket, probably for speeding since the school zone lights were flashing. I pulled into the parking lot next to the officer who was just sitting on his bike waiting and told him what had just happened. I asked him if he could please ride down the street and have a nice little chat with those boys, and he promised that they would. As I drove away I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the thought of them scared to death because the police were coming after them. You know, one of those "mwuahahahahaha" kind of laughs. I watched in my rearview mirror as the cops drove off in the direction of the boys, and part of me really wanted to turn around to watch. Instead I went on home, and I must admit I felt a little bit better than when I had left work 20 minutes prior.

That should teach them to mess with me.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

good for you!! I hope he gave them a really good scare too!