Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nursery progress: 1 coat

After 6 long hours of painting today, I can proudly say that I have one coat of paint on the mural. I can also proudly say that I'm not painting anymore today because I'm TIRED. Here's how things look so far:Can I just say that I love this turquoise blue color?? The minute I painted a streak of it I was compelled to paint an entire wall this color. Not today mind you, but wow. It's gorgeous.

I'm afraid all the yellows and maybe orange will need at least three coats, but most everything else looks like it will be a 2 coat and maybe a little touch-up. That makes me happy. Then when the paint is all dry I can begin to outline and put in detail lines with the paint pens I bought.

4 comments:

{S} said...

Wow girl!! It looks amazing already!! I do love that turquoise color too! very much.

Laurie said...

I'm pretty sure this is the coolest nursery EVER!!! lucky baby!!

Molly said...

Oh so cool sweetie! That baby of yours will be so blessed - well s/he is already! ((((HUGS))))

TammyB said...

Awesome nursery! Very fun :)