Today I worked slowly and diligently to get all the painting finished on the mural. I accomplished my goal and even went so far as to touch up the blue background paint in various places, only to have the dry and be obvious where I touched it up. So at some point I'm going to have to take a roller and roller over all of that to smooth it out. No biggie I guess.My next step will be to outline and start putting in the detail lines. Dr. Seuss drawings have lots of little detail lines, so there will be much outlining to do but because there are so many it should be fairly forgiving. I probably won't tackle this until next weekend, unless I get bored at some point during the week which might happen since all of my shows are finished for the summer.
So this is how everything looks as of this evening. I realize it's not a huge change over yesterday, but the color is more solid and it looks great in person.I can't wait to get the lines drawn so that it all looks complete. I was right about the orange, yellow and red needing multiple coats of paint. I think I ended up doing 3 coats plus some touch-up here and there. Thankfully the green went on in 2 coats, since there was so much of it!