Friday, October 9, 2009

More nursery fun

I said I'd post a picture of my IKEA shelf, and I can't go back on my promises. It worked out great for displaying the colection of Dr. Seuss stuffed animals and figurines that we have. I hung it on the wall above the big changing table wardrobe thing because really, there wasn't anywhere else to hang it that wouldn't impede on my mural. Let's face it; I didn't paint the darn thing just to cover it up.
I found curtains on Monday at Lowe's, of all places! I hadn't figured out what kind of curtains to hang and I didn't want anything solid but they also needed to darken the room enough for daytime naps. These work perfectly for both purposes. Nick was surprised that I chose pink, but I quickly reminded him that it's not dark pink or fuschia that I'm allergic to - it's pastel pink, so we're all good.
This coming Monday Nick and I are going to the State Fair of Texas for our annual eat-all-the-fried-food trip and to see my photos in the Creative Arts building. Some of my friends have told me that they saw them while they were there, which is so cool. Get this though - and we didn't even know this when we planned to go this coming Monday, but the Oprah Winfrey show is going to be there filming at the Fair! Martina McBride will be performing at 10 am for the episode. I'm so excited! We are planning on getting there really early so we can see as much of the festivities as possible. I expect now that it will be quite crowded with Oprah on the grounds, but that's ok. I'll have my camera in hand of course.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Cool! Can't wait to see pics!

erin, maker of chimes said...

Spotted pictures of your adorable nursery on another blog.

Very creative! Your little one is incredibly lucky to have parents like you ;)

http://www.spearmintbaby.com/2009/10/featured-nursery-dr-seuss.html