Saturday, February 27, 2010

10,000 kisses

When I was a little kid, my brother and I always dreaded the initial greeting when we'd go see Granny. She was one of those kissers that laid one on you in rapid succession on whatever cheek she caught first. You know the type; I think that God requires every human has at least one aunt or grandmother that kisses you like this. We are talking six or seven kisses, right in a row, all nice and slobbery. I swore as a child that I would never become that grown-up who slobbered all over the cheeks of children who are her relatives.I lied.
I mean come on, how do you look at this face and not want to kiss every little square inch? She's just so darn cute.Kate, I apologize. Although you don't mind it now, and Lord knows you've done your share of slobbering on me, I know that someday you will cringe when mommy tries to lay a dozen kisses on your cheek. "Mo-om" you'll say.Honey, I just can't help it.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

i do have a blog! and now i know you do too! i shall follow :) and see all the pics of your little one!! so precious!