Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Final pumpkin day! It's Halloween!

Man, what a week. Halloween might be our favorite holiday, but it's also super exhausting and a bit like living out of a suitcase. We've spent pretty much all of our time at my mother-in-law's for the past few days, and our poor dog and cat have almost forgotten who we are. But we made it through and finished up Halloween with a bang. I saved my most difficult pumpkin for last, since it really didn't need to sit and dry out for too long. It was a big hit with everyone too...behold, Spiderman!
He took me almost an hour to punch out and then two hours to carve.  I love him!!  Sadly, now he's sitting in a dumpster behind Aldi.  But that's how it goes with pumpkins...they just don't last in Texas so at the end of Halloween night we toss them in a dumpster.

I also did a creepy looking guy called Uncle Sicko as my last pumpkin of the season:

Nick these on Halloween day:

I think Donald might be his best ever!  He looked great.
Karyn finished up Halloween with the following two:

This last one is Van Gogh's Starry Night.  I think it's pretty awesome, and it took her most of the day to knock this one out.

We had a huge crowd this year, as always.  I think at one point we might have had 100 people standing in our driveway and on the sidewalk, all pointing out the characters they love and taking photos.  It's why we do what we do, besides the fact that we love it.



No comments: