Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kate is 2!


It seems so hard to believe, but my little girl is two! Because she loves Dumbo and elephants so much, we decided to have a circus themed Dumbo party.  We were originally planning to go to a small park close by our house, but when I got out there today to start decorating it was so windy that I knew there was no way that it would work so we made a last minute change and held the party at our house instead.  Besides the wind, it was a gorgeous day so I was kind of sad that we had to make the change. For games, we had a ring toss and bean bag throw.  I found the bean bag game on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  I made the ring toss from 2 liter coke bottles that I taped together and then spray painted white and added circus stickers to it.  We used the rings from a little ring toss game found at the store.

 This year we invited some of Kate's friends from church instead of just doing a family party, and I'm so glad we did. Aunt Karyn made her an elephant cake this year. I hope that she always is around to make Kate's birthday cakes, because I think that's a really special thing and someday Kate will remember that fondly.

Kate got a bunch of cool toys (lots of Elmo stuff!) including a 3 wheeler, some new movies, books, an Elmo laptop and a couple of Elmo dolls, her Yia yia and Nana made her a really beautiful Christmas dress and cape, and her Aunt Karyn made her a fleece coat.  In all, I had to mark down 31 items obtained on my YAWYK list, so that gives me a goal of stuff to clean out.








 She was exhausted after everyone left, and so were Mommy and Daddy!
Happy birthday, my sweet baby girl.  We love you very, very much.


No comments: