Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lake Livingston Retreat

I am sitting here on the last night of my scrapbook weekend at Lake Livingston with my Texas ladies.  It has been a wonderful weekend that I have spent not scrapbooking but making scarves and necklaces for my Etsy shop.  Hey, it still required creativity.  I'm planning on a long night tonight since it's the final hours, so I want to get a lot more accomplished before I head home.  It has rained like crazy the first two nights we were here, which was disappointing simply because it denied us our first two sunsets over the lake.  The lakehouse we are staying at is situated literally 20-ish yards from the water's edge.  Tonight, however, God shared a wonderful sunset with us and I enjoyed sitting out on the pier, snapping away of course, and breathing in all that surrounded me.

I sure miss my little girl and Nick though.  I've spoken to her on the phone each day since I've been gone (as much as she'll actually talk on the phone) and I will admit I've teared up a bit just hearing her voice because I miss her a lot.  I can't wait to get home and see my girl, give her a millions hugs and kisses and cuddle up with her in bed tomorrow night.
As is tradition, we took a group photo this afternoon on the pier.  From left: Crystal, Julie, Jeanne, Francine, Stephanie, me, Natalia and Sherri.  I love these ladies and we always have the best times and lots of laughs when we get together.  I wish it was more often than twice a year, but most of us keep in touch on Facebook.  This was our first time at Stephanie's family's lake house, and it has been awesome!  They're house is beautiful, it's roomy and open, and it's right on the water.  I can see why they picked this one when they bought it.

1 comment:

{S} said...

best,stunning sky shots! looks like a gorgeous location. I remember those homesick feelings. Now that all my kids are older I look forward to getting away without them. :~)
{S}