Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Da Bears

Last week Mandy invited me to go to the Cowboys/Bears Monday Night Football game with her. She's a big Bears fan, and they don't come to Texas often so she asked her parents for tickets as a birthday present. I've never been to a game at Jerryworld, so I was happy to tag along. I'm not really a fan of either team, so I cheered for my fantasy players instead, which all happened to be Bears.  There was a surprising amount of orange in the stadium. Lots of Bears fans came out for the game.

 Our seats were pretty good, even though we couldn't see the huge screens that Jerryworld is famous for. I still caught myself watching the game on the side screens more than the actual field. It's easier to see what's going on! We were in Section 346 on row 2, seats 1 and 2. That meant that every time someone on our row got up to go buy another ridiculously over-priced beer, we had to get up and let them through. That was pretty much 75 times during the ballgame.
At halftime, since it's Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders wore some really ridiculous looking Minnie Mouse-like costumes that had the entire back cut out, because breast cancer is sexy you know. They brought out 500 breast cancer survivors onto the field to unveil huge pink awareness ribbons while a bunch of guys did flips and threw each other around the cheerleaders too. It was all very inspiring. /sarcasm
The game was really good, depending on which team you were rooting for. The Cowboys did not play well, and Romo ended the night with 5 interceptions. This meant that the Bears scored a lot of points and Mandy kept doing this:
We had a lot of fun, and I even got to be Mandy's girlfriend for a few seconds. Some random guy tried to hit on her while we were buying ridiculously over-priced Pepsi. I had walked off out of earshot to get my straw, and this guy walked up to her and asked if she was here with her boyfriend. She said that no, she was actually there with her girlfriend, pointed to me and right at that moment I turned around and smiled. Ha! I feel so used.  It was funny though and you know what? Mandy could do a lot worse.

No comments: