Sunday, February 1, 2015

MapMyWalk: January 2015 Update

I hit the ground running (literally) in 2015. With my first ever 10k looming in the not-so-distant future, it was no time for slacking off. I'm pretty proud that I only managed to gain 4 pounds over the Christmas holidays. That's almost the same as losing 10, when you consider the amount of goodies and fattening foods that seem to be lurking at every single Christmas get-together. It took me a couple of weeks into January to get rid of those 4 pounds, but I finally did.

So let's talk some numbers. I'm going to change things up a bit on my tracking and number crunching this year, but only because I'm a numbers nerd and not because any of you reading this probably care. Or maybe you do. I don't know. I didn't differentiate between outdoor miles ran and outdoor/indoor miles walked last year, and this year I want to do that. When I do my Leslie Sansone walking videos, for example, I'm using my Fitbit to tell me how far I've traveled during that video based on the steps it records. So the miles are intentional, and I'm counting them because I can, but they're different from when I'm outside running.

January Stats:
Fitbit steps: 375867
Miles ran: 22.17
Miles walked: 52.97
Total miles: 75.14

I'm tracking my mileage all year because I joined a couple of girlfriends in an online running challenge for this year. My friend Lynn found a 2015 in 2015 challenge, where you pledge to run/walk 2015 miles in 2015. She invited me and Laurie to join her in the challenge, so we have to log our miles all year so we can hit our goal of 2015 miles. For January, we did 210.14 miles, combined with 1804.86 left to our goal.


No comments: