Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cruise Shoes

While doing some cruise shopping a week or so ago, I came across some basic white canvas slip on shoes on clearance at Kohls for $3.99. Score! I immediately got the idea to create a pair of shoes to wear on our cruise. I got to work as soon as I got home, searching for clip art and images online that I wanted to recreate.

When it comes to drawing, I can't just sit down at a blank canvas and come up with something and it turn out okay. Most of the time, my brain just doesn't work like that, unless it is something I have drawn or painted before. But I can pretty accurately, in most cases, look at something and recreate it with pretty decent results. So that's what I went for with my shoes. I didn't want to mess with acrylic paints. More mess, drying time, blah blah, etc. So I grabbed my two cups of Sharpies that I love so much and went to town. It took me a few days of doodling to finish them up, but I LOVE them!
They wouldn't be complete without our initials in the sand!

No comments: