Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Party!

Kate's last day of school for Christmas break was only a half day, which meant the majority of the day was spent partying with her classmates. I volunteered to help with food, so when I arrived with my fruit tray the kids were watching The Polar Express. Joni, one of the room moms, organized a pancake breakfast for the party, which I thought was a unique idea. I saw other moms carrying in boxes of pizza so I'm glad our class did something different.

Each kid had to bring a $5 book to exchange, and being the thrifty shopper I am, I managed to find a $16 book of Disney stories on clearance for $6, so I bought that for the exchange. I dare say, the book that I purchased was by far the nicest one in the circle. Anyway, Kate ended up with a little book about safari animals. She was excited, which is all that mattered.

After book exchange, the kids played a couple of rounds of Christmas bingo while the moms organized the pancake buffet line. We had pancakes, donut holes, kolaches, and fruit. There was also a toppings area so the kids could choose syrup, jelly, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles for their pancakes. Then one mom brought everyone a mini cupcake on top of all of that, so the kids were definitely on a sugar overload by the time we finished.
They dismissed at 11:35, and Christmas break officially began!

No comments: