Thursday, June 9, 2016

Rock the Red 2016

Since February I have been attending Refit classes at a nearby church. My awesome instructor is Debbi Robertson (who took most of these photos). I already knew Debbi as a fellow photographer, and when she started teaching Refit in January I was anxious for life to calm down and get back to a new normal so I could start coming. I pretty much fell in love with it, and I know attend classes twice a week. It's a type of dance fitness, with uplifting music and no hoochie-momma moves like some other forms of dance fitness tend to have. :) I have met a lot of really awesome new friends, and when she mentioned the Rock the Red fundraiser in Arlington I decided I needed to go to this too. After all, they were raising money for the American Heart Association so I couldn't complain about that.

So.Much.Fun!

We got to sample about 15 minutes of all different types of dance fitness for 3 hours! I danced probably 80% of the time, because I was having a blast.  MY Fitbit registered 160 minutes of activity. To say I was tired by bedtime is a severe understatement. Two of the Refit founders were there so I got to meet them and all kinds of other Refit instructors besides just the few I already knew. The peer pressure was pretty high and I think that this fall when they have another instructor certification in Waco I will go ahead and get certified. I don't really have a desire to do the business end of things at this time, but it would be cool to be available to sub for the many Refit classes held in this area at any given time. It's also a really big, really cool sisterhood that I really want to be a part of. Debbi has been on me to do it for a while now, so I might as well take the plunge!
The Refit Booth

 Crazy Refit ladies!!
Me and Debbi

No comments: