Wednesday, November 16, 2016

RECON - the REFIT® convention

The annual REFIT instructor convention, RECON, happened just under a month after my certification. That was pretty exciting stuff, and I'm so thankful I was able to raise some extra money to be able to go. Thankfully it is held nearby in Addison, so I didn't have to fly anywhere. I rode over with Debbie, who was one of my 2 roomies for the weekend.
 We stayed at the Springhill Suites near the convention center. Jessica joined us the next day for the first day of the convention. She had to work on Thursday.
 That evening Debbie and I had a little girl date night and ate at Taco Diner, grabbed some Nothing Bundt cakelets for dessert, and then went back to the room so I could spend 2 hours painting my nails. I'm so not a nail tech! But they turned out pretty cute...even if it did take me forever.
 Friday was registration and festivities began! We were able to have headshots taken, shop for new swag in the merch shop, and then I changed for the workouts to begin. We did a lot of working out and calorie burning over the course of the weekend, since we were learning new choreography. IT was intense and exhausting.
 That evening was Rockstar night, so we had a fiesta at April and Jennie's place for all the Fort Worth girls and changed over there for the rockstar party.
 Saturday morning began around 9, thankfully not too early, and we had a full day or working out, learning, and plenty more selfies.
 That night was the White Out Party, and we got to throw color powder on each other for the white out experience. It was pretty fun! We had custom #fwrefitrockstar shirts make for white out night, with our hashtag down the back.
 The weekend was amazing, and ended on a great note too. I had helped organize a group of ladies who wanted the ultimate bonding experience of getting tattoos together, so after a big brunch at Ida Claire's (which was DELICIOUS!) we met up at Iron Dagger Tattoo and 12 of us got tattoos together and a couple of ladies got their noses pierced. I got an arrow, which for me signifies this amazing journey of health and self-discovery over the past year...a journey that I'm not ready to end, so I wanted a constant reminder to keep going forward. So it ended up on my arm where I can always see it. I love it, whether anyone else does or not is not important. :)

No comments: