Saturday, April 8, 2017

In loving memory

My stepdad's mother, Emma Lee, passed away this week. She had some history with strokes in her past, and although they had changed her mobility she had survived for many years after her first one. This time it was not to be the case.

I am saddened for my little brother, Trey, as she was really the only grandmother he knows very well and he was very close to her. I'm thankful that he had that relationship with her though, and I know he will have many great memories of their time together.

I have a habit of photographing moments at funerals and the like. I feel like important moments should be captured - even the sad ones - and perhaps in some way it's my method of dealing with the moment.
 It's not every day my 15-year-old brother puts on a tie, so I made him take a photo with me since he was all fancy. He quickly changed afterwards.


No comments: